Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regder
    replied
    Nice buy! Real shame it doesn't support the Garmin TPMS sensors. Love the sensors with Zumo 595

Leave a comment:

• Wlfman
    replied
    Got this today to replace my old Zumo 390LM. The new Zumo XT. Pretty neat so far, just playing with it getting it set up. Got to wire the bike up before I can put it to a test.

With that said look for my 390LM with TPMS sensors to go up for sale soon

Leave a comment:

• grommet
    replied
    Pit Posse Valve Stem Puller

Getting my KLX set up for the AZBDR, I was changing the rear tire. It was a struggle getting the valve stem in the hole when putting on the new tire. I finally searched the oracle of knowledge and found the trick of putting the tube inside the tire before the tire is on the rim at all, then pulling the part of the tube with the stem out a bit, putting the stem through the hole in the rim, then putting the tire on from there. That worked, but it's still kind of a pain because it's sort of easy to pinch the tube just getting the first bead over.

With this critter, you put the first bead on, put the (slightly aired up) tube inside the tire, then fish the tool through the hole, thread it into the stem, then use the cable to guide the valve stem through the hole. You never have to get your fingers inside the tire bead and fight with the stem in there.

Simple tool that saves a ton of time and effort.

Next on my list of things to get are a bead buddy and the Baja No Pinch tool. The combination of all three of these will make roadside flat fixing much easier.

Leave a comment:

• _Will_
    replied
    I made the same mistake when my father wanted an everyday carry pocket knife as a present. I accidentally ordered what I refer to as a “pocket machete” after not reading the description completing. It now alternates between my toolbox and my top case, dad got a more reasonable size edc knife.

Leave a comment:

• Rabeet
    replied
    I accidentally bought an 18" long bread knife. It's so ridiculous that we are keeping.

Leave a comment:

• iluvmyfz1
    replied
    Very nice Patrick, and for seizing that opportunity quickly. It's awesome to have a mate like that.

Leave a comment:

• grommet
    replied
    Lincoln TIG 200

It started a couple of years ago when mrs grommet and I were wandering around Pottery Barn waiting for a table at the Outback next door. She saw this end table, and fell in love with it:

At the time it was a passing fancy that wasn't really going anywhere. But the seed of an idea had been planted.

Fast forward to having decided to do extensive remodeling in our house. We now have the time, money, and space in the house to really get into it. One thing that has happened is that we exposed these 4X12 beams in the ceilings of several areas of the house. They had been previously covered with paneling. We have sanded, stained and varnished them and the wood is really coming to life. At the same time we have stripped 60 years of paint off some of the mahogany wood throughout the house - doorframes, shelves, etc, and then added new all-wood oak doors and bamboo hardwood flooring.

Then I bought the 2003 KLX400 I was going to ride on the AZBDR. I could not find racks for it, so I made them. Initially she was not interested in that project at all, but once the racks were done, she had a look. She was impressed with what I had done to transform long straight pieces of steel tubing into this functional and somewhat visually appealing hardware.

With all the hands-on work we've been doing to this beautiful old wood, and the successful completion of the bike racks, the idea of steel and wood furniture has popped back to the forefront of her mind. The memory of the Pottery Barn end table resurfaced.

She wants to use the steel and wood as a theme in several areas in the house. Furniture, closets, cabinetry, built-ins, etc.

Our back porch is covered with this open-air wood structure that is now falling apart.

The wood has been out there being weathered for 60 years. It needs to come down. I have been wondering whether I should throw it away, give it away, or try to use it in the house somehow. Now I think I know what I'll be doing with it. At least some of it.

As we were having this conversation yesterday, I seized the opportunity to point out that TIG welding is faster and better looking (mostly faster) than the MIG I have because when done well there is almost no cleanup or grinding needed. She said, "Can we go get a good welder right now? Where do you get them?"

An hour or so later, we were coming home with a leased gas bottle and the welder in the back of the car.

Leave a comment:

• bmidd
    replied
    Went by Sportsman's to get some more ammo and picked up a looter shooter for April. In case anyone wants to come to the house looking for justice, we'll have some to spare for them. S&W M&P Sport 2.

Leave a comment:

• _Will_
    replied
    Originally posted by okrider View Post
    I didn't know this was a thing. I'll definitely look into it for my next purchase
    Put about 230 miles on them yesterday in what was supposed to be a short scrub in ride but I was having too much fun, so far I’m pretty happy with them. The Power RS I ran previously got vague and weren’t as responsive when you were at a higher lean angle (as in over cooked it). These seem to have fixed that, much more linear handling and they feel more stable. They’re supposed to have better wet weather than the RS, if that’s true I’ll be sold.

Some of the scrub in riding

https://youtu.be/rCouIB2PGss
    Last edited by _Will_; 05-31-2020, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Todd S
    replied
    Originally posted by FUP View Post
    I may have to try those ----
    The Ety's have a new wire connection method that plugs in at the base.
    I have a 2.5mm balanced cord ordered - anxious to hear the difference.
    That's great. Wish my old ERs had that.

The AKGs are great. I think true audiophiles would go open-back over the ear, though. I had to go closed-back to stop bleed when using a condensor mic for laying tracks. Still happy as it gets, through.

-T

Leave a comment:

• FUP
    replied
    I may have to try those ----
    The Ety's have a new wire connection method that plugs in at the base.
    I have a 2.5mm balanced cord ordered - anxious to hear the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Todd S
    replied
    Very nice! I used to ride with a pair of ER4i (I think it was?) based on discussions here. Eventually one of the ears gave out at the cable, but not after hundreds of hours.

I'm falling in love QUICKLY with my new AKG K371 closed-ear cans. Such clean tones. Hearing things I've never heard before in recordings. Looking forward to using them for laying tracks/mixing, too. Not bass heavy at all. Super flat response. https://www.soundguys.com/akg-k371-review-30284/

-T

Leave a comment:

• FUP
    replied
    Etymotic ER4XR earphones --
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• iluvmyfz1
    replied
    Yeah, I've been geekin' with my off-grid power setup. Very stoked, in a geekly fashion.

Leave a comment:

• Todd S
    replied
    Geez, and I was excited about my new AKG K371 headphones...

-T

Leave a comment:

Working...
X