Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Recent Purchase(pics required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Renda
    replied
    Originally posted by Longboardr View Post
    Nice!

Why'd you choose Echo? My excuse not to go Stihl is I've been running Echo since the '80s.
    Not a fan of Stihl's exclusive dealer/no mail order parts system. Plus Echo was cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• oldjeep
    replied
    Originally posted by Todd S View Post
    You're lucky. My brother's old '06 A6 started falling apart at 60k miles. Finished falling apart at 80k.

I always liked the look of the A4 cabrio (and the back seats) but always got scared off after seeing my brother's POS go hell.

-T
    A6 is a whole different thing. An A4 is just a better looking body and suspension on the same 2.0L turbo that VW puts in millions of cars. Not much to go wrong with it.

Leave a comment:

• Todd S
    replied
    You're lucky. My brother's old '06 A6 started falling apart at 60k miles. Finished falling apart at 80k.

I always liked the look of the A4 cabrio (and the back seats) but always got scared off after seeing my brother's POS go hell.

-T

Leave a comment:

• oldjeep
    replied

Yeah, but how many times have you replaced the catalytic converters? ;)

-T
    Zero times. It has 130K on it at the moment, and looks pretty good for its age.
    IMAG2045_s.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Todd S
    replied
    Originally posted by oldjeep View Post
    For the money I'd take my wifes 14 year old A4 Cabrio over a Miata any day of the week. All wheel drive, more horsepower out of the same sized engine and a back seat.
    Yeah, but how many times have you replaced the catalytic converters? ;)

-T

Leave a comment:

• Todd S
    replied
    Funny you should mention a 15' Whaler Todd, I desperately wanted one for the short period of time I lived on the IRL, and could have gotten to work quicker than driving down to the causeway and back up to work, but I was young, poor and had no credit. Now I'm old, not as poor and have too many boats I don't use
    It would be a perfect boat on our lake in N. Ontario, paired with a 70hp outboard. But we don't really need it right now (especially since we can't get over the border). Maybe someday.

-T

Leave a comment:

• Todd S
    replied
    Originally posted by rswebscan View Post

You can't flip it over?
    Nope. Topper is only on one side. We rotate it from time to time, but that does very little good.

-T

Leave a comment:

• oldjeep
    replied
    For the money I'd take my wifes 14 year old A4 Cabrio over a Miata any day of the week. All wheel drive, more horsepower out of the same sized engine and a back seat.

Leave a comment:

• Longboardr
    replied
    I'd heard the girl thing with Miata back in the day, and I could kinda see it after driving a friend of my father's car, it didn't have much snot. The MX-5, I would gladly take anyone for a drive who calls it a chick car, nothing manly about having to pull the upholstery out of your backside.

Funny you should mention a 15' Whaler Todd, I desperately wanted one for the short period of time I lived on the IRL, and could have gotten to work quicker than driving down to the causeway and back up to work, but I was young, poor and had no credit. Now I'm old, not as poor and have too many boats I don't use

Leave a comment:

• rswebscan
    replied
    I think one of those mattresses will be among our next purchases. The POS "high quality" mattress we paid way too much for 4 1/2 years ago has two nice human-size dents on each side already.

-T
    You can't flip it over?

Leave a comment:

• Todd S
    replied
    Also, I had an MX-5 (2011, I think it was?) and it was a BLAST. Great handling, and so light that the motor could nicely get it out of its own way. Top down on a cool eve with the heat on was lovely, as was the inverse (with a hat on; easy to get sunburnt in one). Did a nice drive up and down the PCH, which was cool. Great trunk space and mpg, to boot.

Funny thing was, as everyone likes to tease it as a "girls" car...my wife HATED it. Suspension was way too stiff for her; she found it jarring and the steering wheel feedback was too much for her.

I'd get another if I had a 3rd garage spot. Then again, a 15' Whaler would be nice in a 3rd garage spot... None of which matters because I have no 3rd garage spot. So there's that.

-T

Leave a comment:

• Todd S
    replied
    I think one of those mattresses will be among our next purchases. The POS "high quality" mattress we paid way too much for 4 1/2 years ago has two nice human-size dents on each side already.

-T

Leave a comment:

• val guy
    replied
    My stepson stopped by with his new to him MX-5. Good go, good stop, very good handling. He was all amped to take me out in it and I couldn't refuse when he offered to let me drive it. He found out it's a good bit more capable on the back roads than he thought
    Nice whip. I hear they are popular with the girls! J/K with you. I looked at one a while ago. All my buddies did was poke fun at me for looking at a chick's car! It's an impressive car that handles really well. It'd definitely be a fun weekend type car, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Longboardr
    replied
    Nice!

Why'd you choose Echo? My excuse not to go Stihl is I've been running Echo since the '80s.

Leave a comment:

• bradd
    replied
    That's a lot of power!

We (or really my wife) bought a bed. I sleep fine and don't care much as long as it isn't too soft. It is a Casper with the adjustable frame. First thoughts were it is a little soft but I slept fine. Hopefully it can Improve my wife's sleep. And hopefully the foam stays as firm as it is now for a long time.

bed1.jpeg bed2.jpeg

The frame is pretty much all assembled, you just have to put the legs and the power supply on. But if my son wasn't home it would have been close to impossible to get that thing in the house and then in the bedroom. It is heavy! The mattress isn't light either but vacuum sealed so small you can bear hug it and pick it up. I put it on the frame and then broke the seal on the bag, that was a good choice as sliding the plastic out from under the mattress was easier than I would have been to move the mattress once it was full sized.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X