Godspeed Mr. Dick Mann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godspeed Mr. Dick Mann

86 y.o. Dick Mann passed 4/26/21 I'd hate to think nobody noticed a true legend passing. (why I posted)
    Don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, stuff does just fine by itself........

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700

RIP

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...ck-mann-r-i-p/
    Black Lives Matter

Comment

At first I was like you must really be into surf guitar then I realized I was thinking of the wrong dude (and apparently he's been dead for a year)

I liked this writeup

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/thre...ate-dick-mann/
      '05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves R6R Shock Multi-Gauge V7.1 '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm Soupys Adjustable Bones Devilsyam Frame Plugs Convertibars Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control GYT-R CF Slip On Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines Brembo Pads Fehling Case Guards Ninja 250 Highway Pegs Pyramid Hugger Sargent Seat FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn Vista Cruise Throttle Lock The2wheels Shorty Levers Axio Tail Bag

Comment

Rest in Peace

Comment

I got to meet and chat with Dick Mann a couple of years ago at the vintage motocross/trials competition outside Steamboat Colorado. He was an honorary chairman or something, just hanging around during the races and would talk to anyone who came up to him. It is a very casual affair. He had to talk through a voice box in his throat since his larynx was removed due to cancer. BTW, he hated the name 'bugsy'.

Comment

The BSA he ride to victory at Daytona in 1971 was the Rocket 3 -- essentially the same as the 1975 Triumph Trident T160. RIP
            88 FZR400
            90 FZR/YZF600 Track bike
            93 FZR600 (Rescue Adoption - recovering in garage)
            87 ZG1000 Concours
            84 FJ1100
            84 Laverda RGS1000
            82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
            81 Honda CB900f
            75 Norton Commando 850
            75 Triumph Trident T160
            71 Honda SL175
            67 BSA Bantam 175
            67 BSA Trail Bronc 175

Comment

Working...